why do we have an environmental policy?
bit10 is a web application development company based in Coventry in the UK. We are relatively small at the moment, but we have every intention of taking over the world. So we want to make sure there is a world worth having when we do; which is why we have put in place this environmental policy.
Despite the fact that the nature of our business has a low environmental impact, we are committed to managing and reducing any negative effects we have on the environment locally and globally. We will do this through a clear, straightforward and well managed environmental policy.
so what does this mean?
This means that, as a company, bit10 believes the following:
- It is the responsibility of each and everyone at bit10 to protect the environment through the sensible reduction of energy consumption, harmful emissions and waste products.
- We should consider environmental concerns as part of our current business activities and when evaluating future projects.
- We should encourage our suppliers and clients to uphold and maintain environmental objectives consistent with our own.
- We must create a culture of conservation and environmental awareness by talking with the people that work at bit10 - that means making sure we have channels to allow everyone to share all the relevant information.
- This policy will be transparent and freely available to everyone at bit10, clients and members of the public.
- Everyone in the organisation must know what this policy is and understand it. Everyone must also play an appropriate role in implementing, maintaining and updating this policy.
- Our ultimate objective is to gain ISO 14001 certification. To this end, a programme has been established to develop an environmental management system for bit10.